Software Engineering Intern at Economize (December 2020 - May 2021)
I worked as a Software Engineering Intern at Economize, a platform to help companies analyze, manage, and optimize their cloud infrastructure expenses.
- Integrated Datadog to fetch memory utilization metrics and provide VM rightsizing recommendations.
- Integrated Email and Slack App alerts for weekly and monthly billing reports for cloud infrastructure.
- Did a Proof of Concept on integrating HashiCorp Vault into our environment to enable us to securely store secret credentials of our clients, and also led the end-to-end integration of the same.
- Worked on adding a provision for auto-deletion of unattached disks and unused static IP addresses to optimize the cloud expenses for our users.
- Worked on providing Committed Use Discount (CUD) recommendations for GCP projects of our users to help them optimize their cloud expenses.
- Throughout this internship, I gained practical exposure to Golang, Postgres, Redis, Vue.js, Google Cloud Platform, HashiCorp Vault, and SaaS-based data analytics platforms like Datadog and New Relic.
Shipping weekly features couldn't have been more exciting than this! :)
Internship Completion Certificate